Unification Sanctuary Matching Handbook
I. OVERVIEW OF MATCHING PROCESS AND GUIDELINES
A. Important Objectives
1. Establishing a parent‐centered process. (If for any reason parents cannot be involved, then advocates or other mentors will be needed in that role.)
2. Allowing for and respecting each candidate’s input and portion of responsibility in the matching process.
3. When seriously pursuing a possible match, assuring the most respect and love for all members of both families centered on God.
4. Full disclosure of each candidates’ faith and situation (no secrets of an unprincipled past).
5. Assuring the couple’s ownership of their matching decision.
B. Recommended Qualifications for an Candidate
1. Believe in True Father as the Messiah and recognize Rev. Hyung Jin Nim as the Inheritor and 2nd King of Cheon Il Guk.
2. Be committed to realizing the ideal of true families.
3. Attend regular worship services on line or in person.
4. Tithing to Sanctuary Church.
5. Traditional standard of a 7-day Fast or (21 days of fasting of the evening meal may be substituted)
6. Matching age: 17 minimum to begin; 20 or 21 is recommended. Parents to begin their own education earlier. Support and communicate with their child from a young age.
7. Divine Principle education to the level of 7‐day content; 21 or 40‐day is preferred. 8. Completion of an application profile by the candidate.
9. Completion of a Purity Interview with Parents or designated elder. Fulfillment of any forgiveness conditions.
10. Completion of a Blessing Workshop, Small Group study or online home study for matching candidates.